Kerrygold is as delicious for cooking with as it is for spreading lavishly on crumpets. With help from the families of our very own Buttermen and some Kerrygold lovers like you, we've curated these fantastic recipes for you to try. Happy cooking!
Other recipes we’ve collected over the years to share with our community:
Mincemeat Almond Tart
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 100g (4oz) butter, cubed
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 175g (6oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g (6oz) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ jar good quality mincemeat
- 50g (2oz) flaked almonds
- 75g (3oz) icing sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas mark 5.
- First make the pastry, by rubbing the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix for a moment, then add the egg and enough water to mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and use it to line a 28cm (11in) flat tin. Prick the base of the pastry using a fork.
- Next make the filling – Mix the butter and sugar until creamy, add the eggs and blend, then mix in the ground almonds and almond extract.
- Spread a thin layer of mincemeat over the base of the pastry and spoon the almond mixture on top, and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Sit the tart tin onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- To finish the tart, make a glace icing from the icing sugar and lemon juice, adding water to make it a pouring consistency. Drizzle over the tart and serve.