Kerrygold is as delicious for cooking with as it is for spreading lavishly on crumpets. With help from the families of our very own Buttermen and some Kerrygold lovers like you, we've curated these fantastic recipes for you to try. Happy cooking!
Other recipes we’ve collected over the years to share with our community:
Pecan & Hazelnut & Cranberry Florentines
- 150g/6oz dark muscovado sugar
- 200g/8oz dried cranberries
- 100g/4oz Kerrygold butter, cut into cubes
- 300g/12oz dark chocolate (min 65%)
- 100g/4oz pecans
- 100g/4oz hazelnuts
- 180g/7oz golden syrup
- 100g/4oz plain flour, sieved
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 170C/gas mark 3
- Spread the pecans and hazelnuts out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 6-8 minutes until toasted .
- Blend half of the nuts in a food processor until roughly chopped. Keep the other half whole and set aside.
- Heat the butter, sugar, spices and syrup in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until all the ingredients have melted together.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the flour, fruit and nuts.
- Grease 2 flat baking trays well. Put approx. 4 small teaspoons of mixture onto each tray, well spaced, pressing down each spoonful. Press the mixture down further in the centre of each.
- Put both trays in the oven and cook for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, the mixture will have spread out – gently concertina back into a circle with 2 spoons and bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Work quickly because the mixture will cool and become brittle. Leave to cool .
- Get a medium saucepan and a glass bowl that will sit in the saucepan without touching the bottom.
- Add some water to the pan and bring to simmering point.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces, put them in the bowl over the saucepan and let it all slowly melt.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and dip the Florentines into it so they are half covered.
- Rest the Florentines on a wire rack for 20 minutes then put them in the fridge until the chocolate has set and gone from glossy to matt.